Xantia Head Lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rivendell

Xantia Head Lights

Post by Rivendell »

Hi,
The headlights on my xantia don't appear to give much illumination on the road. They appear to be aimmed too far in front of the car, but I'm not sure if its a simple job to adjust them, or its there's another way to realign then.....
All relevant suggestions appreciated..
Cheers
Phil
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Have they always been like that??Could the ride height be droping a bit at the back??
If not,somewhere behind/on top of the lights under the bonnet will be 2 screws.1 adjusts lights up/down,the other left/right.The best thing is to park on the level in front of a wall,or garage door,and just adjust them down.You will see the beams move on the wall as you do this.If not,a friendly mot station might do it for you on their tester,foc or for a small fee.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

You may find that a change of bulb will be better.They do discolor over time.See if you can adjust them & stick in a new set.Although on my td,access isn`t so good to get at them.
xantiav6

Post by xantiav6 »

It is a simple job to adjust them, I think it is easier with a very long allen key, but I have adjusted the height with a standard allen key.
Note that early Xantias have notoriously poor beam spread on the headlights. The later units are interchangable and much better. I am not sure which year the headlights were improved, I think it was 1995.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

While your at it, stick in a set of Philips VisionPlus bulbs - they give 50% more light on the road and are well worth the slight extra cost.
//NiSk
rabenson
My Cars:

Post by rabenson »

I'm with NiSk on this one - fitted them to my ZX. Terrific improvement!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

I've got visionplus in my Xantia too, they improve the headlights a lot.
What improves them even more is keeping the headlight glass clean, but it gets dirty again so quickly...
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Have a read of other headlight threads on here. I rewired my lights after proving the original wiring is to small for the current carried. Simple test with a multimter to prove it. Read here http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... ,headlight