Mission accomplished.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

If that switch has been wired incorrectly and the compressor allowed to run on low pressure due to low gas levels or moisture or dirt inside and has pulled a vacuum, then it is possible that you may have got oil slugged up into the coil which can cause some strange problems that a 12 volt sparky may not ever have encountered and may have problems rectifying.
These things run so cold that they will actually form ice on the outside of the windscreen on a tropical summers day. Living in Sydney, you can possibly imagine what it's like 1500 klms further north.[:0][:0] so if it's never been cold; it's never been right.
It may be worth your while contacting Paul Smith from the NSWCCC as he gets work done in Sydney by an air con guy who sounds fairly au fait with French cars and their air/con requirements.
Alan S
wotsupnow
My Cars:

Post by wotsupnow »

Tom, although it's for a pug this diagram is very good and shows your dryer switch, there's also a good diagram under the a/c faults. Goto electrical , top right, then 306 cooling fans on the left. It helped me sort my Xantia fan prob.
http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm
Pete
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Ta Pete. I'll be posting a pointer to my own wiring system for LATE BXs with the positive switched relays soon. I simplified the wiring diagram and arranged the fan and clutch to be on their own fuse, fed directly from the connector beneath the battery. This takes a lot of load off the A/C relay.