Sony CDXR3300 / Autoleads / Mk2 Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Sony CDXR3300 / Autoleads / Mk2 Xantia

Post by user_3150 »

Hi everyone, have just fitted new cd player in my Mk2 Xantia but the steering control doesn't work with the PC9-109 lead. Should it just plug in and work or have I got to do anything else. Cheer's Alec.....
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

If it's the sane as mine, there's a link which is made on a Mk1, and not on a Mk2, unless yours is one of the few Mk2's that the autoleads adaptor doesn't work with (search for autoleads in this forum)
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

BALLS knowing my luck it's one of the few that don't work. I have tried a search but nothing really solid on my problem (I may not be looking hard enough). I will try e-mailing Autoleads to see what they say. There is another plug that is now redundant but I thought it was to do with the Traffic Master or the dashboard dimmer could this the steering control if so then it won't work as it doesn't match anything on the Autolead.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

When fitting an after market stereo and using an adaptor for the steering controls there should be a small jack plug that fits the rear of the new stereo. This tells the stereo that you have steering controls and the stereo unit then interprits the signal from the adaptor thats fitted in line. With out plugiing in this small lead (blue in colour) it won't work. Also make sure you have the adaptor plugs fitted the wright way around and in the wright order. I found on a Sony unit with a steering adaptor all worked well except the little lights on the steering controls went off when a CD was put on.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

It look's like it won't work as the now redundant plug does seem to be for the steering wheel control's. Surley an adapter for a newer Citroen should work going on the basis that the loom on my car would be carried on to new vehicles and not just scrapped all together. Any ideas anyone?
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Now I'm confused. Looking on the Autoleads site it shows how to install the lead and it show's the same connections as my car has. Could be a duff lead or maybe it just ain't gonna work.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

So let me get this right. You now have a plug that is not being used? I can only go by my experience but you should have just plugged in the adaptor in line and then but the remaining small jack plug in the head unit. Or am I reading this wrong? Your old unit should of had only 2 plugs one was the speakers set up right, left, front, rear the other should be the power (on,off),permanent live (memeroy)and steering controls. Had a look at the Auto leads site and it seems to just plug in line with the small jack plug. If all fails give them a call or E-mail. [:D]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just a quick thought, you haven't taken the Sony plug / wiring out and fitted the adaptor straight on to the Sony unit have you? If so put Sony plug back and then fit adaptor in line.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

There are 3 plugs on the Autoleads; one female for the steering wheel controls (10 way), one female (power) and one male (power), both 16 way.
The speaker one and the original power one (the 2 8-way ones) plug into the 16-way female; the corresponding male then plugs into the back of your stereo.
The other 10 way connector plugs into the Autoleads; don't make the orange/black link and plug the jack plug into the back of the Stereo.
3 plugs from the car into 2 for your stereo; does this help?
Xfactor1012003
My Cars:

Post by Xfactor1012003 »

I dont know what head unit you have
i have a t reg 1.9td facelift and it has a clarion head unit. which i found out and got a clarion 6 disk multi changer and it works fine with the controls on the steering wheel
Xfactor1012003
My Cars:

Post by Xfactor1012003 »

sorry misread topic [:)]
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Sorry Guys have only just got back to my p.c. This is what I have got. The original Sony lead - Plugging into the Autolead (2 X 8way)- Then the Citroen Loom ( 2 X 8 Way ) And the jack plug in the Headunit. I have a Redundant 10 Way plug on the Autolead and a Redundant Plug on the Citroen Loom. They are Redundant because they Don't fit together. This is what I am assuming to be the steering control plug. The redundant 10 Way plug has 3 wires going to the little black box and 3 going to the Power supply 8 way plug on the Auto lead if this helps.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

That'll be the steering wheel controls...any reply for Autoleads yet?
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Not a thing yet. What should I do? I really think that all I need is a Autolead for a newer Citroen.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

I phoned Autoleads today and was told the later Xantia's have a Mini DIN plug for the steering controls so I need a PC9-125 not a PC9-109 so when it arrives I will let you know if all is o.k. Finally getting somewhere. WOOHOO.