Citroen Relay

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ahalton
My Cars:

Citroen Relay

Post by ahalton »

I know it might be a bit off topic but I have a Relay van 1.9 diesel 2000 model.
On a recent trip down the motorway I lost a con rod somewhere on the M62, if you found it please don't return it as I lost the bit of metal that stopped the oil coming out the back of the engine.
After picking up the bits I could find I started looking around to find a new engine (new to me, obviously not a new one with the money I have) and am finding it hard to find one in the north west of the country at a resonable price.
So to get to the point I am look for an engine and a gearbox (the gearbox is another story for a rainy day).
Is there any out there that will fit. I know all the 1.9 engines are roughly the same but I need a clever chap (or chapess) to tell if something from another citroen will fit.
Thanking you in advance for the flood of answer I will get (hopefully).
Best regards
Andrew
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

If your vehicle is a 2000 model, you'll probably be looking for a DW8 engine rather than an XUD. Not so many of them about, but they were also fitted to Pug 306's and Xsaras. I don't know whether an earlier engine would fit.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the DW8 engine was never fitted to the Relay,at least not in the uk anyway.