drivers mirror

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

meexi
My Cars:

drivers mirror

Post by meexi »

hi,
i have a mk2 xantia with an electric mirror on thye passenger side and a manual one on the drivers side RHD is it possible to put an electric mirror in the drivers side like my dads mk1/
meexi
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Hi, does the handbook refer to the electric/manual mix? Seems an odd combination. To fit two electric mirrors you will need the selector switch connections too. All of these are just under the inner door lining below the mirror. Take a look under both sides and compare the sockets available. At a guess, and it is only that, the cabling will be there for them. Remember too that they are most probably heated.
You can generally lift away the inner lining with great care just enough to get a look at the connectors by starting at the point nearest the mirrors. Good luck and take care with the lining[;)]
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

Meexi
There may be more to this than meets the eye. It's possible that if the wiring is there that it's set up for left hand drive so simply connecting it up may result in both mirrors moving in parallel, I think this the case on the BX.
Mark
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Easy to sort out. First remove the drivers mirror trim to check if wiring is in place if so fit new electric mirror and then switch. Have done this on 2 Xsara's with no problems. Switch from Citroen £10 with the vat and the mirror (genuine part) from GSF £75. No problems with paralell movement or any thing like that.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

How do you adjust the driver mirror on your car Meexi?
meexi
My Cars:

Post by meexi »

the adjustment consists of a lever in the door card
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

That is the same as my ZX - electric mirror on passenger side, manual one on driver's side. The latter does not work very well, so on the list of jobs to do. It looks like the GSA/CX arrangement with three cables and a ball joint
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Must just say that I my old ZX avantage there was no wiring for an electric drivers mirror. So I think you may not be able to do this conversion to a ZX.