HELP XANTIA WITH MISSING KEYPAD CODE!!!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chillibrooker
My Cars:

HELP XANTIA WITH MISSING KEYPAD CODE!!!!!!!

Post by chillibrooker »

PLEASE COULD SOMEBODY HELP!!!!
I HAVE RECENTLY BOUGHT A DAMAGED XANTIA 1.8 WITH AIRCON
IT HAS NOW BEEN FULLY REPAIRED[:)]
THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DO NOT HAVE THE KEYPAD CODE TO START THE THING [V], I BOUGHT IT FROM AN AUCTION BUT THAY WILL NOT GIVE ME THE LAST OWNERS ADDRESS SO I CANT GET HOLD OF THE CODE, I AM REALLY STUCK WITH THIS ONE, HOW DO I DISSABLE OR CHANGE THE CODE WITHOUT HAVING THE ORIGINAL CODE TO GET IN?????? I HAVE BEEN QUOTED £400 FOR A NEW BRAIN AND KEYPAD BUT DONT REALLY WANT TO SPEND ALL THAT, I HAVE SPENT A SMALL FORTUNE ON THE CAR ALL READY[xx(]
HOPE SOMEBODY CAN HELP ME THANKS FOR LITENING CHILLI
goodier
My Cars:

Post by goodier »

log book should give you the last keepers address, or the dvla will give you it but i think they charge
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

http://www.chilmarkuk.freeserve.co.uk/I ... 20main.htm
Try putting citroen keypad, into yahoo or jeeves search engines, plenty of companys seem to be able to do this by posting the keypad unit itself to them, seems straight forward to them.
Never had this done myself though!!!!
tony42
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0HDI VTR+ Technopack 150 Blue Tourer 2016
Citroen C4 1.6HDI VTR 2013

Post by tony42 »

happened to me recently and as far as i can remember I disconnected the battery. Leave it disconnected for a couple of hours and it will reset to the default code which is 1111. I think thats how i got over it. My problem was caused by putting in the wrong code and this locked out the keypad. Its worth a try.
Radio code is the same principle but a citroen dealer should be able to give you the code for that.
rgds
Tony
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tony42</i>

happened to me recently and as far as i can remember I disconnected the battery. Leave it disconnected for a couple of hours and it will reset to the default code which is 1111.
Tony
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
it wont do that,the orginal code must have been 1111.like said above the previous keeper will be on the logbook.if you are changing the ECU there should be no need to chancge the keypad aswell,hopefully it wont come to that though.i belive this guy decodes keypads www.dashfixer.com