HYDRACTIVE or not

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goodier
My Cars:

HYDRACTIVE or not

Post by goodier »

1.9td xantia 1996, p plate how do i tell if the car is HYDRACTIVE or not the car has started to sink like a stone a the rear new accumulator spher fitted still the same done all the citrobics for about 20mins car will stay up all night but as soon as i start it the engine the next morning down she goes pull the leaver full back and it goes up again, press the brake at any time a down we go again.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Sounds like the brake (doseur) valve has an internal leak (the rear brake pressure comes from the rear suspension; brake system leak and the back drops like a stone).
Hydractive cars have a button just in front of the handbrake with a ZZ logo on it. They also have 8 spheres (4 at the back, 4 at the front) and it was only fitted to VSX and Exclusive (?) models
goodier
My Cars:

Post by goodier »

brake (doseur) were is that on the car i am ok with the spanners cant see it in the haynes book, is it a pig of a job?
regards
mark
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hang on a mo before you go ripping into the doseur valve.
The symptoms are:
1. Car up in morning, but rear drops as soon as the engine is started and light goes out.
2. Rear does not raise itself again without input from the manual height lever in the car
3. Rear tends to drop when the brake is pressed.
Right, which leads to the following diagnosis:
1. Anti-sink sphere is flat or brake valve shot.
2. Rear height corrector is seized / broken
3. Maybe be symptoms of the above, may be fault with Doseur.
You need to pull off the small bore return hose from the brake valve and see how much fluid is coming out. A few drips OK, a steady stream of drips marginal, a steady flow bad. I suspect you will find the middle road, and the problem is being magnified by a flat anti-sink sphere. Either way you need to get the rear height corrector working again.
goodier
My Cars:

Post by goodier »

were is the height corrector is it the one that the rod goes to down the middle of the car
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by goodier</i>

where is the height corrector is it the one that the rod goes to down the middle of the car
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
yes