Xantia Suspension Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Iain Haddock
My Cars:

Xantia Suspension Problem

Post by Iain Haddock »

Problems started with heavy power steering and car slow to rise. Changed high pressure pump for a second hand unit which cured power steering. Came into some cash and fitted new pump, whilst doing so found the usual noise you get when depressurising the system did not occur. The suspension sometimes drops (not all the way), as it did before fitting new pump. Furthermore it sometimes drops when the ignition is turned on. I suspect the pressure regulator and would like to recon as detailed on the BX pages if i can obtain spares due to the cost of another new unit which may not cure my problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Can you give us some more information please. In particular we need to know how old your car is, if possible which type of pump it has (one or two outlets, and is it fitted with the anti-sink mechanism or any form of hydractive (ie activa)
As a preliminary observation I would say that the pressure regulator itself seldom gives problems apart from the non-return valve needing re-seating. If you have one (single outlet pump before 1995) the flow diverter valve is a common culprit.
jeremy
Iain Haddock
My Cars:

Post by Iain Haddock »

Hi Jeremy
the car is a 96, with anti sink and the pump is a twin oulet.
regards Iain