Cam Belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kafkaian

Cam Belt

Post by kafkaian »

Sorry guys, do we have a thread for this? Looked but cannot find. Seem to remember a good and handy tips post for this but am struggling to find. Cheers. Ian
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

This may sound a bit obvious, but have you clicked "search" at top right of the forum screen and typed "cambelt"?
Lots of results will appear!!![:D][:D]
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Yes I have done that but I seem to remember a "how to...." summary. I may be wrong but I'm sure people will put me right sarcastically, with silence or otherwise
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I've done a couple on the BX 16V but I understand they are totally different to the Xantia 1.8 engine.
If my memory serves me right, I think that is the engine that a mod for the tensioner was available which was either spring loaded as opposed to the solid adjustment or vice versa (ie) solid in lieu of the spring loaded one.
With this element of doubt being involved, I'd suggest you get that part confirmed before you venture any further.
Alan S
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

I've done a couple on the BX 16V but I understand they are totally different to the Xantia 1.8 engine.
If my memory serves me right, I think that is the engine that a mod for the tensioner was available which was either spring loaded as opposed to the solid adjustment or vice versa (ie) solid in lieu of the spring loaded one.
With this element of doubt being involved, I'd suggest you get that part confirmed before you venture any further.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks Alan. Very much appreciated