Stuck, completely

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlWilliams
My Cars:

Stuck, completely

Post by AlWilliams »

Of and on over the last week I have been replacing the front bushes in my ZX TD, after problem after problem I have chosen to replace the wishbones (they come fitted with new bushes), one side was v. quick and easy, the other, this is where I need help[:(]
The horizontal high tensile bolt holding in the front of the wishbone and bushes is bent by a couple of mm, the bolt is unscrewed but is stuck fast.
I need some kind of pulling device to remove it by force (a lot of force), has anyone delt with this before or knows of a tool suitable?
Many thanks.
Al,
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Pair of molegrips clamped onto the bolt (just under the head if possible) and a big 'ammer? Can you get in to do this, or drift it out from the other end?
Guessing as i'm not too familiar with the ZX setup, alas...
AlWilliams
My Cars:

Post by AlWilliams »

Thanks,
Molegrips, hadn't tried them...................watch this space!
I would love to be able to drift the other end out, unfortunately it's in a closed section of the front subframe. Drat.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

If you cant actually hit the grips maybe you can drive some sort of wedge into the space, and force it out that way? Or maybe you could force a wedge in slowly using a "G" clamp or something? It's time to get 'inventive' :-) ;-)
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If you have a welder try welding a strip of all thread on to it and making up a simple slide hammer.