Berlingo Servicing

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davisra

Berlingo Servicing

Post by davisra »

<b>Does anybody know where I can get a Berlingo workshop manual?</b> I'm fed up with the general incompetence, misrepresentation and overcharging of my local Citroen dealers and would like to so some of the basic servicing myself.
<b>Also, how often would you advise changing the air, fuel, oil and pollen filters and the plugs? </b> The car's just come back from a "4 year" service. All they seem to have done is change the oil. Per the service book that came with the car, they should also have changed the various filters and the plugs.
The car is a 1.8 petrol and does about 8,000 miles a year.
Thanks very much
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Air and fuel filters are usually done at 20000, but I do mine every 12000. If you have the HDI engine or late XUD, the oil and filter should be changed at 12000, but I do ours every 6000. Pollen filters go 12K. Your observations regarding the standard of maintenance comes as no surprise. Long ago I decided DIY was the best option.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

HDi engines are on 12,500 mile service intervals with the air & fuel filters being changed every 37,500 miles.as for the 1.8 berlingo it depends what year the car is & what service intervals its on but the air filter,fuel filter & plugs will be due at either 36k,37.5k or 40k.
davisra

Post by davisra »

Quick update:
The dealer confirmed they only changed the oil, even though they were specifically asked to do a major service. They charged £145 for this [:(!]
Also, I found out why I didn't get a fail sheet for the MoT. They told me it had failed, but filled in the paper work as if it had passed - assuming I would be coming back to get it fixed and re-tested.
It failed on leaking front shocks (on 30K miles). Citroen wanted £300 (+VAT?) for this, so I went to Kwik-Fit. They quoted £130 for the shocks, but said they didn't need doing for the MoT. The dealer also wanted another £80 (+VAT?) to change a leaking rocker cover gasket.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by davisra</i>

Quick update:
Also, I found out why I didn't get a fail sheet for the MoT. They told me it had failed, but filled in the paper work as if it had passed - assuming I would be coming back to get it fixed and re-tested.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:I][:I][:I]
They didn't give you the new MoT, though, I bet!
davisra

Post by davisra »

Amazing, I just got an MoT certificate in the post from the Citroen dealer. No cover letter or anything.
What am I supposed to do with 2 MoTs?