Weak diesel and veg oil mix in HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

I thought that SVO would mix with Diesel; especially in a diesel XUD as the pump always supplies too much diesel and returns what it doesn't need to the tank.
Therefore with fuel circulating in the tank through the flow & returns means the SVO would mix??? Does it????
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Nothing better than being in the Lakes, at traffic lights, and people looking for the chip shop, because of the smell from your exhaust..hehehehe.
One caution though, don't use vegi oil if your diesel pump is a lucas model. They can be damaged, Bosch pumps are okay with Vegi Oil.
Paul
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I've never run on vegi oil but I have to admit I'm interested in the possibility. I did a test with about half a litre and mixed Tesco value vegi oil and diesel in a pot ( about 50:50) - shook it up and let it stand for a couple of days - and it didn't seem to seperate. Maybe it was the initial shaking that did the trick as you wouldn't get it to mix like that in a tank. Vegi oil is supposed to have better lubricating properties and reduce emissions but whether or not it gives any benefits it's illegal unless you pay tax on it. On occasions I have seen road side testing for diesel vehicles..
A good forum for info is at:
http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/index.php
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Dave, I work for Tesco and use their Vegi oil, £1.57 for 3ltr bottle, it does mix nicely and works a treat.
Paul
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Thats 52 and a third pence per litre.
Once you add on the fuel duty that you should be playing, it's 99.43 pence per litre.
Add on the VAT on top of that brings it up to £1.1683 per litre.
That does assume that you are paying the duty and not "stealing money that would go to fund public services" to misquote a certain MP.
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Have been using 100% Bio-Fuel for sometime now no problems to report. Here is a link for you all : http://www.bio-power.co.uk they have places around the UK.
FEDAK
My Cars:

Post by FEDAK »

Not a good idea to use neat vegi oil, if you want to make your own bio diesel go to www.journeytoforever.org. There are plenty of recipe's and tips