airbag light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drkstuart
My Cars:

airbag light

Post by drkstuart »

can anyone please tell me where the airbag light is on a 97 xantia?
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

If you have a diesel then the light is directly above the glowplug light. If not diesel that means its in the right hand bank of warning lights on the dashboard but at the top left corner of them.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Early ones (like mine) have the airbag light on the actual airbag (steering wheel). I guess they changed it when the passenger airbag was added?
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by philhoward</i>

Early ones (like mine) have the airbag light on the actual airbag (steering wheel). I guess they changed it when the passenger airbag was added?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I always thought it was the later ones that had the airbag light on the airbag itself?
Nick
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

My earlier 95 Xantia had it on the airbag, my present 97 on the dash as above.
drkstuart
My Cars:

Post by drkstuart »

thanks lads.i now have a diesel xantia[ex ebay] with the abs light on.i now need to do the cambelt change and the usual maintenance so is it all going to be easier or harder than my 2.5 diesel xm?this is my first xantia[1997]and what a nice car to drive except for one thing.the clutch pedal seems to be too high for my long legs so can it be lowered?