Xantia windscreen washer

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fox
My Cars:

Xantia windscreen washer

Post by Fox »

Hiya,
The windscreen washer on my Xantia does not work. The Motor makes no noise at all when you operate it.
However, I still have this wire kicking around in my engine bay, which I'm pretty sure never used to be there. I feel the two are connected and that the most logical explanation for my previously perfectly working washer system to suddenly completely die is that the power connector is not plugged in.
Where is the connector located as I cannot find it?
Thanks!
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Curse my webspace:
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

My V6 has a spare plug like that in almost that position, though there are some different gubbins in that area.
The washer bottle is right under the wing there, my windscreen washers work but the head lamp washers don't. I reckon the most likely cause is a corroded connector to the pump or the pump itself has packed up. It's just about possible to reach under and remove the plug from the pump if you are a contortionist.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I had another look at this on mine - I had originally thought it plugged into the headlight, but on closer inspection I see it plugs into another cable, the plug being fixed to the car just under the headlight, and then disappears off behind the top of the radiator - couldn't see where to. Didn't appear to go anywhere near the washer bottle though! If you look under the bottom of the wing you should be able to see the washer pump, and get the connector off to test if you are getting volts there.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Does your rear washer work?
If so the pump is okay, more likely the contacts corroded
Paul
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Hi,
Nope the rear washer doesn't work but never has done since I bought the car some 2 years ago.
I've been speaking to a mate who also has a 94 Xantia. He doesnt have a spare connector, and says he has traced the plug I've got - it connects to another cable, which turns back on itself and goes in near the radiator. I've got a photograph here. One red circle shows the spare connector, the other red circle shows where, apparently, my mates connection dissapears into.
What does this connection do? He assumes it operates the cooling fans, but my cooling fans work.
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

That connector goes to the microswitch on the right hand bonnet catch for the anti-theft alarm doesn't it?