Xantia dash lights.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Xantia dash lights.....

Post by paranoid »

I'm going to tackle the blown bulb behind the fuel guage over the weekend, can someone tell me the correct procedure for airbag etc, These are quite new to me and I have heard conflicting reports of how long to leave dissconnected etc.
Also.... what size is the nut behind the airbag (and yes i've heard all the jokes[:D] and does anyone know what bulbs I have to buy
Thanks <u>Carl</u>[^]
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Hello!
Leave the battery off for 10 mins will be sufficent for air bag removel.
There are 2 torx screws behind the steering wheel and they are 30 torx i think. When these are loose, gently lift the air bag up a bit until you can see the coloured connector and remove this. Safely
stow the air bag.
To get the steering wheel off requires a bigger tork than 30. Possibly a 40 but don't quote me!
Undo the the steering bolt 2 or 3 turns then lift and pull the steering wheel until it comes loose, then remove the bolt and steering wheel. (You leave the bolt on, when undoing, to advoid smacking yourself in the face!)
When you have the instrument cluster removed, replace all the bulbs at once as sometimes disturbing the cluster can knock out another bulb or 2 and u only find out when its all back together!
The bulbs are capless type and pull out of there holders. A hole pack or 2 should be under a £10 enner.
Good luck[:)]
mseymour
My Cars:

Post by mseymour »

Anyone know the type of lamp used in the xantia instrument cluster?
And would these fit? Image
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Agree with the scenario of knocking out bulbs when the dash is disturbed. Done the heater matrix on mine recently and when I put all back together ones that were previously working were dead [V].
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Note: Om a P reg car you may find that several bulbs have blown. There are more than 20 bulbs installed - change them all! Having uncrewed the instrument panel you may have difficulty pulling it out. All you need to do is lever out the plastic mount at the top of the panel a bit(held by a single screw) it's recessed and tends to stick plastic to plastic.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

steering wheel nut is 21mm socket size
Pete
________
How To Roll Joints
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:57, edited 1 time in total.
Jshodgson
My Cars:

Post by Jshodgson »

Paranoid
please can you let me know when you have changed your bulbs so I can pick up any tips as I need to do mine soon.
Ta.
sbraud
My Cars:

Post by sbraud »

Agree with : Undo the the steering bolt 2 or 3 turns then lift and pull the steering wheel until it comes loose, then remove the bolt and steering wheel. (You leave the bolt on, when undoing, to advoid smacking yourself in the face!)
...because if you forget to push airbag/radio remote wiring through the back of wheel, like me, you can spend a whole day rebuilding and soldering the 360 wiring/disk set-up that lives behind steering wheel. So not only do you hit your head with wheel you then scream abuse at yourself for being so stupid. [V]
[:(!]
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Sorry about the delay........
clocks take a bit of wiggling to get out but stick with it!! it will come, mine seemed to be fixed but it was the top centre bracket (above the clocks) stuck in place had to lever downwards first then the lot popped out
One piece of advice, change all the bulbs regardless, I missed one and it didn't work afterwards so had to start again, and don't go mad wiggling the steering wheel I now have to fit a new steering column after ruining the top bush getting the wheel off, don't be put off though its not a bad job.