French parts from France?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hmmm ...
Going by the Euro seems to have escalated prices on just about anything in France & Germany.
Being in a neighbour country, I've seen prices on car spares in Germany went of into the sky and would anticipate it's not much different in France.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Why not search under car tuners or similar and see if anyone makes a similar after-market one? - or try for a scrap one. I think you will find they generally don't fail unless damaged.
Jeremy
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

have you thought about trying an aftermarket oil cooler? mostly fitted to modified performance cars etc, they are around £100 generall i think, they come with a universal fitting kit. maybe even Allard Turbo systems could make one up for you?
Dan
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

French spares are expensive in France!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Can't think of the exact name or webb site but try this on your web serch engine
www.cit-ren.co.uk
or somthing simalar. It's deffinatley Cit-ren and if my memeory serves me well they're in Lincoln. They seem to have most parts for all Citroens, Renaults and Peugeot. Some are new as well as recon.
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

Can't think of the exact name or webb site but try this on your web serch engine
www.cit-ren.co.uk
or somthing simalar. It's deffinatley Cit-ren and if my memeory serves me well they're in Lincoln. They seem to have most parts for all Citroens, Renaults and Peugeot. Some are new as well as recon.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This company are based in Norfolk, they are Breakers who also supply new pattern parts.
The secondhand stuff is a little pricey, and they have caught me out on occassion!![:(!]
Oh that'll be £60 mate!
That seems reasonable.[:)]How much did you say that was again??
£60, plus the VAT.
Perhaps they should have quoted me with the VAT before I sweated my proverbials off, removing said item from the car!!!![:(!][:o)][V]