TD TUNING...........AGAIN!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave40
My Cars:

TD TUNING...........AGAIN!

Post by Dave40 »

I've been reading various topics which talk about the power gains to be had from making fuel pump/turbo wastegate adjustments & feel I could happily tackle the job myself. The only bit of information I haven't managed to locate is how I go about adjusting the boost on a KKK turbo. There is plenty of info on how to identify the KKK and which bit is which but no actual step by step guide to adjusting.
If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful[8D]
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Using above link shows pictures etc...
Just keep turning (a turn at a time) until you see a maximum of 16 - 18psi on a boost gauge. Floor the accelerator in 4th gear and read off the maximum boost. Make sure you go above 3000rpm as it can sometimes creep up above this speed if the fuelling is not setup correctly. Make sure you re-check the boost after your fuelling adjustments, I can almost guarantee it will be higher and so will need reducing :-)
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

If you just welded it shut how long do you think it would last? I'd love to buy an old sh*theap and wedge the wastegate shut just to see what happened!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

My petrol turbo car (non-French) has the wastegate lock-wired shut...change gear at 1.1bar (about 3500rpm) boost, not 6000rpm....