will it work

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

will it work

Post by louis1 »

i have a zx aura td 1992 will a xantia td with a catalist and egr fit and work
What is egr and the engine number is DHX
cheers Louis
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

Hi Louis
Couldn't understand most of your post [?], but I think there was a question in there. EGR is exhaust gas recirculation - feeding exhaust gases back into engine to burn any combustible gases left, and keep the marketroids and greenies happy [;)]
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

I would think the Xantia engine would fit, but it probably has extra electronics (and possibly an immobiliser) that would make installation difficult in a ZX.
louis1
My Cars:

Post by louis1 »

Sorry about last post i was in a rush. My zx engine has given up the ghost and my local scrap yard has a td with gearbox for sale (engine number: DHX) out of a xantia, i looked up the engine number in the haynes manual and it says that it is a 1.9 TD with egr and catalist so i wondered if it will work in my zx.
Thank Louis
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

The later Xantia engines with the Catalyst have a different injector pump which has an ECU to control it. If you wanted to swap engines the new engine would need an ECU and associated wiring (e.g. immobiliser etc)
There is no reason why you couldn't use your existing injector pump and injectors with the newer engine. You could even replace the inlet and exhaust manifolds with the ones of your engine and not have the EGR system.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Ring John in York. he usualy has a lot of zx parts for sale, engines, gear boxes, etc etc he's on 01904 651900.
louis1
My Cars:

Post by louis1 »

Thats the first thing i noticed with this engine that the fuel pump looked different, but i will have to use my intake manifold because the xantia's have the intercooler mounted behind/infront of the radiator, wont i ot not?
Thanks Louis