This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SM 2.7

Post by SM 2.7 »

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I wonder what happens to this list, if we try index the cars listed, by a combination of initial cost and comfort, even put standrad service/repair cost into this index [;)]
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Saxo at number 3 ??????
Focus at 2 ???????????????????????
Whose list is it anyway?
DoubleChevron
My Cars:

Post by DoubleChevron »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Despite the rumours, this is the cold truth:
(Comfort level/model)
10 Citroen DS/SM
9 Mercedes Class E/S pneumatic
8 XM/Xantia Hydractive (non-V6)
8 CX/GS most models
7 BX most models
7 C5 HA3+
6 Xantia Activa / V6
5 Xantia non-hydractive
4 Xsara
3 Saxo
2 Ford Focus
1 BMW 320i<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hmmm,
I do know some of the citroens here. The CX most certainly IS more comfortable than a Xantia. The GS is somewhere between the CX and DS (the GS is bloody brilliant, much better than the BX.
seeya,
Shane L.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

I wonder what happens to this list, if we try index the cars listed, by a combination of initial cost and comfort, even put standrad service/repair cost into this index [;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I think we would find the humble lil ZX 1.9D would sneak into a good position if all costs were taken into consideration. [:D] and I thought the Xsara body was built onto the 306-ZX anyway? me biased?? lmho... maybe just a lil bit.. But seriously, I do think the ZX is a very very underated car. [:p] [;)] [:)]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Bmc 1800 was and is more comfortable than any Ford or BMW.
It was also a damn' sight cheaper to own than a Citroen.
Rover 2000 wasn't bad, either.
My BX is comfier than Mum's E-class merc. (And a good one costs less than front discs and pads on the Merc)
If there was a plastic bodied GS with a Subaru motor (NO,Vanny, I'm kidding!), that would be a Great car but comfort is muted by feeling that the car is likely to break down so it and the CX are out of this list, alas.