Xantia rear height,THE END

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

YES - pressure on system with suspension on highest setting helps avoiding the rear cylinders turning when force applied to spheres.
Besides it always seems to help crack the spheres loose. I'd say even 1/4 turn is very close to the LHM fuzzy spray point [8]
Buy/rent/loan a decent heavy duty strap (NOT chain !) type sphere removal tool. Using an oil filter removal tool is a time (& money) waster.
IMPORTANT note : if replacing an antisink (rear accu) sphere, the pipe MUST first be unwinded from rear of sphere, before turning the sphere !
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Ok thanks Anders.I`ll have a look 2morrow/sunday.I`m off on holiday Tues,so may do it after.
Is it the same way to do front spheres???
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Front spheres usually are dead easy to crack, as the spheres are angled to the vertical struts - with easy access.
I'd say crack loose all spheres in highest height setting, ensuring the system pressure helps you.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Ok thanks Anders.Keep u all informed.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Rear is now buggered.Sitting all the way down,will not rise at all now on any setting.Wont b taking it to Westroen,as its undriverable.Brakes are also very on/off now(when they work!!)
Had a look underneath earlyer when i could still raise the car,all dry,no leaks anywhere.Looks like i`ll have 2 do it myself,or take it to a local specalist.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Back off holiday now.Car now at local specalist to fix.Gonna replace all spheres and anti sink valve.Rear wont lift at all on any setting,so had to take mudflaps off to drive!Brakes alright though.
They seem to comfirm everything that has been said on here,so thanks all 4 help.Should get car back mon,so will let you all know the outcome.
goodier
My Cars:

Post by goodier »

same thing on my xantia last year towbar was hiting the floor small plastic bit on rear hight control valve had broken took the guy five mins to fix apparently happens alot
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Got car back today.WOW!What a difference.New accum+sphere,new rear height corrector.Rear now sits as high as other ests,much more than before.Rear doesent sink when engine turned off.Sit in the boot,& she rises instantly.Much faster and smoother rising & lowering.Garage did`nt replace other spheres as said they did`nt need doing(honest of them!!)After driving it home, it`s the best its been in the 2 1/2 yrs i`ve owned it,nice & smooth,excellent ride.Well pleased.
Thanks all for help.