Heater/Ventilator fan - intermittent

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CRD717
My Cars:

Heater/Ventilator fan - intermittent

Post by CRD717 »

P reg 1.9 TD SX Estate: fan works properly most of the time, on Full/Auto or Off as required. But recently it has been going intermittent on me. It does not appear to matter what the cabin temperature is, and it happens with or without the aircon switched on.
Any ideas anyone?
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

You can start by checking if there is power at the fan unit when it goes intermittent - in which case it's the brushes.
//NiSk
CRD717
My Cars:

Post by CRD717 »

Many thanks, but to date it only happens during a journey, which makes investigation a little awkward. My Haynes manual doesn't tell me the way in to the fan unit. Any hints?
CRD717
My Cars:

Post by CRD717 »

Further to all this - towards the end of a long motorway journey on Sunday, with the aircon ON (and working!) and the fan on Auto, I bagan to feel cold so switched the fan to the Off position. It just carried on running, and no matter where the control lever was it continued running on low speed until I arrived and switched the ignition off. Ten minutes later I had to go out again and lo and behold the fan responded to its controls.
This would seem to indicate that the fault is not with the brushes. Thermostat or switch itself perhaps??