urgent--zx help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dek1965

urgent--zx help

Post by dek1965 »

i am having to change both front discs (they are warped) can anyone tell me what size socket i'll need for the centre nut (is it 34mm)
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

32mm. And a big bar.
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

If I understand your question correctly, you will not need to undo the centre nut. You will most likely need an impact driver to undo the grub screw holding the disc to the hub though.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Why do you want to touch the hub nut?????
There should be just a couple of x-head screws holding the disc, plus rust (once the wheel is off, of course). A not-so-gentle tap with a big hammer (with some Plus-Gas) should get them off.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Big nut does not need to come off, just the little grub screws as Dave 1 suggests an impact driver is a really good idea.
Stewart
edd001
My Cars:

Post by edd001 »

another way of getting the screws of is to use a center punch near the edge of the screw and knock it round. i have to do this about 75% of the time at work but try not to reck the screws.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Let's hope you all caught him before he set off to the all-night store for a 32mm socket.
I'll go back to sleep!
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

My ZX hub nuts are 35mm!!
As everyone has said....No need to remove hub nut to do a disc change, just little grub screws x2 and several taps with a large hammer[:)]
Rotate the disc as you hit it to distribute the blows, it will free up quicker. And don't worry if they dent, they're the old ones!!
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Funny one...the brembo discs I got from GSF came with new screws, but the bendix ones didn't...
dek1965

Post by dek1965 »

thanks people.
got them done (took an hour)next time maybe i'll take a look at the new ones first then i'd know that you dont need to remove the centre nut[:D].