Xantia CD multichanger, where to mount?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by stevew</i>

Well how about this then:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductI ... tID=117206
Here is a head unit AND a CDC-A08 changer for £117! If you sell your Xantia you can still use the changer with the head unit. Alternatively if you can't get the changer to work with the Citroen radio you can replace it with the new headunit and a DIN surround.
Steve
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Oooh! I do like the look of that. Rather tempted, though would be probably better spending the money on something else; like some snow tyres...or a new driveshaft to replace the one starting to knock. [:(]
p20

Post by p20 »

I have recently fitted my old sony head unit and autochanger to my Xantia. I was going try and source a changer for the existing head unit, but gave up. I put the changer under the passenger seat, just lying on a rubber mat to stop it sliding around. Its quite big, being 10 disc changer so it doesn't move much. Used an adaptor harness from autoleads, which still allows the use of steering wheel controls.[:D] Only problem now is the speakers sound a bit naff.[:(]
stevew

Post by stevew »

Ah well it seems that was a one day offer. I've seen it come up before though and I'm sure it will again but will I spot it next time? [:p]
It's now £140 which is still a very good price. Hmmm decisions decisions. Maybe if I hadn't been destracted by the clutch cable clip breaking yesterday I might have just bought one.
Sorry to hear your speakers don't sound too good. The speakers fitted to my '96 SX TD sound really quite nice though not quite as good as our old (and now deceased) XM.
Steve