ZX Avantage TD Spec.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave40
My Cars:

ZX Avantage TD Spec.

Post by Dave40 »

[:)]Hi All,
I'm taking delivery of a new(to me) Avantage TD in the next few days & would like to know how it's specification compares with Auras & Volcanes with the same engine.
It's a one owner 48,000 mile job with FCSH on an (95)N plate. Everything appears to work & I'm hoping for a long & happy life together!
One further question at this time is what Citroen alloys/tyres size could I put on the car. The standard steels & trims don't do it justice.
The 'new arrival' means my trusty 3 door Reflex 1.9D will be looking for a new home if anybody want's a relible workhorse. 90.5k but needs it's rear subframe mounts seeing to.
Dave[8)]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I am not familiar with any of the ZX mods after they altered the front by giving it a "grille" and added the ecu's etc.. 1994-5 ish..
But possible mods/differences on the 'slot' fronted Avantage/Aura/Volcane are-were.. 13 inch wheels with 13X70X165 can easily be swopped either for 14x65x175 (as fitted to Volcanes) or the 13x70x175 inch ally's, (as fitted to Auras).. The Auras have a map pocket fitted into the back of both front seats, a center armrest in the backseats, speakers in all four doors, storage pockets in all 4 doors, and the trim is just of a slightly better quality than in the Avantage.
The Aura has a plastic/chrome strip just under the bumpers, and the panel its in is painted the same colour as the rest of the car exterior.. The wheels are usually 13 inch ally's. Some Aura's have front fogs but it was an optional extra when new.
The interior of the Volcane is again an improved quality on the Aura, as its made of velour, and has some colour matched piping on the dash, steering wheel, and door panels.. On the outside the front and rear bumpers are different by being deeper when measured from top to bottom, the exhuast 'pokes through' the bottom of the rear valance, and they have a sort of coach line 'let into' both the bumpers and the rubber door protectors.. It has front foglights as standard. The steering wheel has 3 arms and is usually leather covered with a cit badge in the centre. The front brakes have larger disks and they are of the "aerated type" and I believe they also have disks on the rear. (I dont know what the brakes are like on an Aura yet).. Volcane wheels are 14 inch ally's with 4 thick 'spokes' and a cit badge in the centre.
There are probably a lot more variations but I can't think of them at the moment.. Its past my bed-time! [:I]
mijyou
My Cars:

Post by mijyou »

Dave, Let me know if you want to sell the wheel trims.
Jim