Cold start/EGR solenoids

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Cold start/EGR solenoids

Post by paranoid »

Please can anyone tell where to get the Blue and green Cold start/egr solenoids that fit near the LHM tank (97 XAntia td)
Does anyone do them apart from a Citroen dealer (Peugeot/Renault) as I really don't want to do business with my local dealer especially when the parts guy says they are having trouble getting parts supply at the moment[V] Pity as he's the only person who knows what he's doing !!!
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

Nobody other than the Citroen Dealers seem to do them. They are a standard sort of valve electrovalve, and I did look into finding a similar replacement but in the end couldn't find a supplier. I managed to track down the manufacturer and found a very similar looking valve on their website but that was as far as I got.
If you don't like your local Citroen dealer, you can always try a non-local Citroen main dealer, on my daily drive into work I have a choice of three. Possibly you could try your Peugeot main dealer because the same engine is in numerous Peugeots (306/406/807 maybe others) as well as Citroens.
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Just phoned one dealer in Birmingham Idle electrovalve £62,onother dealer £34,
Then went to peugeot dealer £11 and they got three in stock, this has happened before with head bolts, my advice is find a friendly peugeot dealer and go when they are quiet when they are more free to have a search !!!!!