Xantia Sphere problems

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sidog70
My Cars:

Xantia Sphere problems

Post by sidog70 »

Im wondering if anyone can help, the car has just started to feel abit bouncy, so i put car in highest psotion to level car and the put back to normal ride height.
Problem i have now is that rear of car has gone down to normal height but front of car is still in highest position, which makes driving impossible...
Any ideas please ????
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Try putting it all the way back down again, then keep going up/down/up/down - it's called Citaerobics.
Chances are that, if the height lever hasn't been moved in a long time, the height corrector linkage has "stuck" a little. Moving it should free it up, followed by a liberal greasing!
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

tried putting it up and down couple of times but front just stays up
Patxi
My Cars:

Post by Patxi »

Could be drastic: try to "jump" on the bonnet to force it down.
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

Is that really good for car jumping on it ????
Patxi
My Cars:

Post by Patxi »

If the height lever is stuck... could be an option.
Open the bonnet and put your weight on the front rail (the one above the radiator).
You could try putting a bit of WD40 (put some wood blocks under the car to maintain it's height before getting under it, just in case...) on the corrector lever before doing the jumping part.
Ciao!
sidog70
My Cars:

Post by sidog70 »

Managed to get to lower position but now wont go back to normal height backhalf does though.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

May I suggest you get the front height corrector and linkages serviced (well greased), before you harm yourself (or car) [:D]
You MUST have the front of car jacked up on SAFETY stands, then get under it and lube up the linkages. You can see the linkage running from the front anti-rollbar to the HC (Height Corrector), and that a rod connects from the in-cabin height selector.
Spray everywhere you can see these rods/linkages are moving/pivoting/sliding, then keep operating the height lever until all linkages moves freely.
No need to have engine running or car on wheels, as you simply need to first make yourself deadsure everything moves on command from the height lever.
Once you're sure everything moves freely, then finish off greasing with heavy standard/ballbearing grease.
Then get car back on wheels and continue with Citaerobics to make sure it will work.