ZX - 'Spare' cable....?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

ZX - 'Spare' cable....?

Post by RichardW »

Looking under the front near side bumber of the ZX there is a 'spare' connector hanging down. It comes out of the same loom as the horn connections, and there is something plugged into the connector - doesn't look like a connector, but looks broken (hmm, not very well described...!). We have fogs and they are working. Anybody got any ideas, or care to have a gander under their car to see where, if anywhere, it should be joined to?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Assuming that your ZX is not a Volcane model I think that the connector that you refer to is the one for the Compressor for the air horns, which were only fitted to Volcane and 16v models.
If you have a Volcane, and the horn works, I'm stumped! I'll have a look at mine when I get a minute.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

No, not a Volcane, so no air horns. Sounds like that's it - maybe what I can see is just a clip plugged into the connector that should be tucked away somewhere but has got broken off.
Cheers[8D]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

I've got one hanging down under the off side, not looked at the near side but I think there will be one there too, front fogs me thinks.
Dave
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I had a 'spare' plug on the drivers side of my Avantage sitting in the clear box area behind the headlights, my auto elec has connected my foglights to it.. The Aura still has a spare plug in the same place, no fogs on the Aura though..
RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

Nope, it's got front fogs, so not a connection for those. I was just a bit concerned it should be connected to the radiator or something. Come to think of it, I think there is also one on the O/S - maybe headlamp wipers or washers or something? Might have a look at the comedy wiring diagram in Haynes!