1993 ZX 1.9D enigine knock

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparks

1993 ZX 1.9D enigine knock

Post by sparks »

Hi all
I just got a 1.9D ZX and there is a mechanical knock from the engine, I have removed the pistons and rods and all the bearings seem fine the camshaft and bearings also look OK the pistons and rings are also in very good condition ( I think the engine have been refurbed as the car has done 207,000 miles ) the only thing I found was the the oil pump chain seemed a bit slack, could this be a problem ( I have never worked on these before ). The only other thing I could think of is that there might be a problem with the injectors or pump, will the parts of a 1.9 CX engine fit? ( XUD )
any ideas you guys can give me will be a great help.
The knock is at all revs and get louder when reved up, engine is a bit hard to start and all glow plugs are working fine. Oil presure seems fine and no excess presure build up in the cooloing system
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Sounds like classic symptoms of a stuck injector, you should have cracked the unions one at a time while the engine was running, this would have given positive identification of a stuck injector, if this was the fault.
Dave
sparks

Post by sparks »

Thanks Dave
I will be rebuilding the engine in the next few days, if the noise is still there then the injector is at fault, since this car is new to me I will a;so be changing the cam belt, alt belt and filters.
PS I might be getting rid of my BX soon, its a BX19 estate with a 1.7 Turbo engine. Suspension and engine are working fine just the windscreen is damaged and the MOT has run out.