Pobble captured? Plus a question for Jon

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Edward Lear: The Pobble Who Had No Toes<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
[:D]Thanks, Tom! [:D]
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

How are you testing for play in the drop links, you either have to leave it on the deck or lift both front wheels off the ground together, if you are just lifting one side you will be twisting the roll bar and the links will be on load, you wont find any play in them like that, they need to be at rest with both wheels in the same plane.
Dave
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">How are you testing for play in the drop links, you either have to leave it on the deck or lift both front wheels off the ground together, if you are just lifting one side you will be twisting the roll bar and the links will be on load, you wont find any play in them like that, they need to be at rest with both wheels in the same plane.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
With both wheels on the floor, Dave. I know that the ones I have changed on both BXes I have had made quite a noise and had no discernible play in them at all, even when off the car, so my thoughts are leaning this way. The difficult bit is finding an hour to spare! [:(]