Cruise Control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Cruise Control

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I had cruise control fitted onto my Berlingo yesterday by the supplying dealer Broards at Chalfont for £124.
The fun part of it being that as the car has multiplex wiring with 'fly by wire' throttle control all they needed to do was to fit the switch then reprogramme the ECU to tell it that cruise is now fitted.
Now I have the genuine Citroen 'factory-fitted' item which works, well pleased[:D]
So, it seems there can be some benefit from modern technology after all!!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Won't be long before we're plugging our cars into a phone line and letting them talk to the Citroen mainframe direct!
sprout
My Cars:

Post by sprout »

Would love to think it was that easy 4 my 2000 Xantia HDi exclusive.
My local dealer told me it would be better to go to an after market company. that is about £500!
I love the car but do miss cruise control.
If anyone knows what "Citroen" bits in total would be needed for my car, I would be grateful.
I know that cruise was on the V6 Exclusive.
If I know for sure all the bits needed I may scour the country for an accident damaged one.
You had a good deal there Richard, well done.
Martin
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

I got an electric Worldcruise fitted to my 2.1 Xantia by Easycruise of Kidderminster. You can reach them on 01562 827730
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stempy</i>

Won't be long before we're plugging our cars into a phone line and letting them talk to the Citroen mainframe direct!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
belive it or not this actually happens just now,the car can be connected to an ISDN line via a diagnostic machine.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

That isn't just new cars that connect to the phone, but my Mark 1 99 "V" Xsara 1.4 connected to France when the dealer couldn't find a misfire.
Unfortunatly, that didn't work, but a bit of old fashioned detective work did. I swapped the coil for the revised one that cured a similar problem on dads 206. That worked!
RichardM

Post by RichardM »

I'm beginning to wonder if I have a doppelganger, 2 people called Richard, both with a Berlingo Hdi, both having cruise control fitted, hmm... My cruise control fitted yesterday by supplying dealer Solent Citroen in Portsmouth. Total price 1 hours labour (£58.00) & £25.86 for the switch - both + VAT. Mine may have been cheaper because they did not replace the steering column cowling, just cut a hole to fit around the stalk. The part number on my invoice was - "6239LO CDE REGULAT".
Citroen France says on the Berlingo details on their website:-
<i>"Cruise control*, controlled using the left-hand paddle under the wheel, is available as an option with the 1.6i 16V 110 bhp and 2.0 HDi 90 bhp engines. Present for the first time at this level of the range, cruise control offers enhanced comfort and safety."</i>
But Citroen UK told me that it "did not suit UK roads"...?, and then that I could not change the vehicle specification. It's taken 3 months, but I have won.
http://www.citroen.com/site/htm/en/rang ... _dashboard
Hope this is of use to someone
Richard
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Richard M, I don't suppose yours is Mediterranean Blue?
RichardM

Post by RichardM »

Phew, a difference. No mine is not Mediterranean Blue, it is Poseidon Blue, the darker option. Med blue was a consideration though, and sometimes I wish I had as the dark colour is a pig to keep clean. Ma famille would not let me have white, like my BXs', as it was "too van like" - seemed a fine colour for a van to me, even one with windows[:D]
Richard
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

£125 for a switch and an upload! ouch!