Genuine citroen spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mseymour
My Cars:

Genuine citroen spheres

Post by mseymour »

Anyone know of a good source of genuine spheres for a hydractive Xantia? I'm not having much look with the remans I put on and GSF don't stock originals anymore.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

GSF seem to do some genuine hyrdractive spheres, but not all of them. They also do new Alko spheres possibly the whole set.
I've had 'genuine' citroen spheres before that turned out to be remanufactured, the fact that Citroen remanufactured them made them no better than the Technosir remanufactured spheres, possibly they were not as good but they definately cost more.
My personal choice now is to go for new Alko spheres, they seem to be as good as the Citroen ones (they last as long) and they're a good deal cheaper.
mseymour
My Cars:

Post by mseymour »

I gave GSF a call and they've deleted all the genuine citroen spheres. The alko are probably fine, but I fitted a full new set to my VSX and the ride was great for a short time but quickly deteriorated. The front two stut spheres were reman, not alko. I've had them tested at a dealer, they don't match and are both the wrong pressure.
To try and rule out dodgy spheres I thought it easiest to get some new genuine parts - I also noted that over on the yahoo XM list there are several folks who have reported poor life of pattern parts compared to genuine citroen parts.
Jon

Post by Jon »

GSF sell Amtex spheres. Not Alko.
mseymour
My Cars:

Post by mseymour »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I fitted whatever GSF sell
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Have they done Alko spheres in the past?
The reason I ask is that I'm sure I've ordered Alko spheres from GSF before, in fact I'm sure there are a pair fitted to the front of my car as we speak.