Saxo MOT Question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveallmond

Saxo MOT Question

Post by steveallmond »

Hi my 2000 Saxo VTR is due for an MOT soon and the airbag light on the dash is constantly flashing. I've been told this isn't an MOT failure however I thought it was. Anyone have any experience of it passing with this?
Also how do I stop it flashing?!?[:)]
Steve
edd001
My Cars:

Post by edd001 »

as far as i was awear it is a failure thats why some people take the bulb out.
you need to take the car to a garage to have the airbag sorted out. it could just be a case of putting out the light(has the battaery been dissconected) or at worst the module could have failed in which case you will need a new one.
you may have to take it to a citroen dealer. They will charge about an hours labour just to find out what the problem is.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Steve, have you checked the wire running under front seats to the seat-belt pretensioners? This wire has a connector under the seats which is easily dislodged by large feet/pushing items under the seats. Believe it or not the airbag light also 'checks' the pretensioners on most Citroens.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the airbag light on or flashing is NOT an MOT failure,it doesent even come into an MOT.
i second richard on the possible fault cause,do a search on this forum,the usual cure is to cut out the connectors or the pre-tensioners & solder the wires direct.
steveallmond

Post by steveallmond »

Thanks all for your help - I will try those points and see what happens!!