Water Collecting in n/s sill over wheel arch -ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Water Collecting in n/s sill over wheel arch -ZX

Post by Brian Oblivion »

Hi I have just checked the oil on my ZX and have noticed water collecting in the low part of the sill (near-side) that runs beneath the windscreen. There's a plastic "leaf?" cowl restricting access to it. On the off-side it is empty and clean. Is there a drain hole or tube that drains this water away?
Ta
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Lmho.. Erm so has the Aura? I have been looking for ways to drain it and intended to take the obstructing items off this weekend (weather permitting) and drill a drain hole if needed. [:I] [:)]
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Don't get the drill out James. There is a drain hole you'll easily find if you poke about.
Having these drains blocked is a common source for water inside the front dash/carpet area.
David
Jon

Post by Jon »

The drain is actually where the wiring loom passes through the scuttle. It always gets blocked. You can carefully poke around the black foam around the loom to enlarge the hole. Some choose to completely remove the black foam grommet around the loom allowing a 2" drain hole. The loom sits safely in the large hole, nothing to rub against. Water drains instantly.
Brian Oblivion
My Cars:

Post by Brian Oblivion »

Thanks very much, I'll have a dig this weekend.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks for the info, I will put the goldfish back in the pond and drain the water out. lol..
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Sorted. :-) I shoved the foam seal thingy down out of the bottom with a short stick and the water vanished, I then looked in the Avantage but that had already had the same treatment. Thanks again..