Which is it £75 or £38. Message for jon wood

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Which is it £75 or £38. Message for jon wood

Post by Stuart McB »

Quick question. Getting a Xsara drivers electric mirror on Friday from GSF (Citroen far to much) been told £75 plus vat but the web site says £38. I've phoned my local branch today and asked which is it. £75 as it's an error on the web. Now I know you can refuse payment but in 2003 the price was the same on the web as I needed one on my then Xsara. Any help appreciated. If it's a web mistake it should be changed I would have thought. [?][?]
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

Why not just order it off the web & get the cheaper price?
tonyb1
My Cars:

Post by tonyb1 »

If it's advertised at £38 then this price must be honoured by the seller, even if it's wrong. Buy it on the web before they change it!!!
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tonyb1</i>

If it's advertised at £38 then this price must be honoured by the seller, even if it's wrong. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Sorry, that's not right. The advertised price is an invitation to trade (which can be declined by either party), rather than a contract to supply.
Although most retailers will honour it as a gesture of good will.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tonyb1</i>

Buy it on the web before they change it!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Shhh.... Don't tell Jon.
edd001
My Cars:

Post by edd001 »

can not say if it is the same for a web site but if it was a shop they have to sell it at the advitised price by law. the only way they can not sell at the advitised price is by removing all items from the self untill the right price is up. I used to be a shop manager and this same thing came up so i just removed items in order not to sell item at the cheaper price. but it is ok to sell somthing cheaper than the advertised price.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Thanks guys. I'll give the head office a ring tomorrow and see what the score is regarding the price. Tryed to order on the web last night but me old computer just locked up when it came to payment. This could be another ploy by BT for me to get broad band. I've got a mega cheap BT internet access deal thats year's old. And this has happened before when paying on the web.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just been to print off the part numbers so as to quote when phoning and guess what? that's right the price has changed. Bah and just when I thought it was somthing for nothing. Oh well still cheaper than Citroen even with local authority discount of 10%. [:D] Mind I feel alot better now knowing the prices are the same but in a stange way.[?]
Jon

Post by Jon »

I updated the price in the webshop to £75.00 this afternoon.
I spoke to my manager about this earlier. We updated all the Shop prices on 12th April and they were 100% correct, but due to a vast cost increase (this mirror is Genuine and the MRP suddely doubled) we had no choice but to change our price on this mirror on 14th April, after the monthly Shop price update. Unfortunately, no one saw fit to advise me, and I was unaware of the problem until I looked at the Forum this afternoon.
The bottom line is that Stuart McB should contact me direct jon.wood@gsfcarparts.com and I will arrange suitable discount in the circumstances.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

John . Thanks have E-mailed you direct.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Jon I have E-mailed you. Thanks for sorting this out.