W REG XSARA VTR FURIO 1.8I 16V

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITMAN
My Cars:

W REG XSARA VTR FURIO 1.8I 16V

Post by CITMAN »

Does £4500 sound ok for a 2000 w reg citroen xsara vtr furio with 18,000 miles on the clock. Obviously I would beat them down a bit on the price and throw in some stuff here and there. Or 02 plate xsara vtr with the 1.6 16v engine with 16,000 on the clock for £5500. Any reliability issues with these or should I look at other marques. It just that my zx is p****** me off.
Must say the xsaras do offer good value for money for the amount of kit you get. aircon, abs, remote locking, lecy windows, lecy mirrors, alarm, cd player with rds radio etc etc.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I guess the 1.6 will be the new shape. The new shape has revised suspension, supposed to handle better, but I only had limited experience of the mark 2.
Of the VTR models, not all of them had air conditioning, you should check properly.
Which engine does the w reg Furio use? The 1.6 16v is the newer engine.
Check the clutch operates smooothly, although the clutch cables do wear on these cars. Check all the electrical equipment works.
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CITMAN</i>

Does £4500 sound ok for a 2000 w reg citroen xsara vtr furio with 18,000 miles on the clock. Obviously I would beat them down a bit on the price and throw in some stuff here and there. Or 02 plate xsara vtr with the 1.6 16v engine with 16,000 on the clock for £5500. Any reliability issues with these or should I look at other marques. It just that my zx is p****** me off.
Must say the xsaras do offer good value for money for the amount of kit you get. aircon, abs, remote locking, lecy windows, lecy mirrors, alarm, cd player with rds radio etc etc.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I've been thinking exactly the same lately...shame I'm skint though. Have to live with the worrying ZX a while longer yet [V]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Another convert to the Xsara. Pick my new to me (S reg) up this week end. £2449 for a 1.6 VTR, 39K 2 owner with full cit history and a local car. Old shape but it's the one for me. I did how ever see a new shape W reg VTR 1.8 in the auto trader at one of those car whare houses for £3500, or there abouts. Always a bit put off when the millage ain't mentioned though.[:D][:D]
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Think ive made my mind up a new shape xsara 1.6 16v vtr is the car for me, great value. Was going to get a loan for half the value, but think ill save up a bit and buy one out right. And nurse the old zx along a bit longer. Cheers guys