xantia fuel flap stuck shut

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantia69

xantia fuel flap stuck shut

Post by xantia69 »

help fuel flap servo failed cant fill car up how do i get to fuel cap without breaking flap
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

The flap is held locked by a 8mm rod in the trailing edge of the flap. You could hacksaw the rod through the gap, on the other hand, you might reach the solenoid after removing the trim inside the boot.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Don't know if this will help, on my '93 XM TD12, there's a discription in the user manual of opening the fuel cover manually from inside the boot. Not that you've got an XM, but maybe if you look in your instruction manual?
Unfortuantely, I havn't got the XM with me today so I can't look it up for you.
//NiSk
Gavin1

Post by Gavin1 »

User manual suggests you contact your dealer - I did and was told if you removed the carpet etc from inside the boot there was a flap .. well I couldn't find any access flap and sods law the fuel light was on and had been on for a whle when it refused to open! In the end having no choice I prised the flap open with a wide blade screw driver using a protective piece of wood to prevent the blade denting/damaging body work / paint. Fortunately the pin bent rather than breaking the fuel flap, once open I straightened the pin with pliers and lubricated the mechanism and it has worked ever since, with no damage to the flap of body work.