V6 spark plugs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

V6 spark plugs

Post by Stempy »

I am about to embark upon the task of replacing the spark plugs on my Xantia V6. I have the plugs and two gaskets, Are there any words of wisdom from those who have done this job?
Patxi
My Cars:

Post by Patxi »

I will only tell you this: You are one hell of a brave man!
On my 406 (same engine as yours) I don't dare to replace the plugs. it seems the only way to reach them is to remove the admission duct...
All the luck!
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Only words of wisdom are that this was done on my V6 when the timing belt was done... saves a lots of messing about since half the same parts are removed for either job. Good luck.
PS - when was your timing belt done??
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Well I've done it now, new plugs all round. Wasn't such a bad job as it happens.
Mind you, I haven't tried to run it yet as I decided to replace the themostat while it was in bits. The old stat was completely knackered, no wonder it wasn't warming up. What a pig of a job that is though. Unfortunately it's hissing down now so I'm just waiting for the sun to come out to fill it with coolant and finish the job.
Timing belt is original as its only done 55k miles. Might get it changed soon though. Don't think I'll tackle that one myself though.
deelite
My Cars:

Post by deelite »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JohnM52</i>

Only words of wisdom are that this was done on my V6 when the timing belt was done... saves a lots of messing about since half the same parts are removed for either job. Good luck.
PS - when was your timing belt done??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I got some pics (sparkplug replacement ES9J4) downloaded from the french forum : http://www.planete-citroen.com/phpBB2/v ... php?t=3685. I can send them by mail if you want.
You can find information on torque values here :
http://www.citdoks.de/Bilder/239/X1X2_E ... omente.pdf
Stempy
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Thanks for the links.
Happy to report that so far it's running well, certainly better than before. Fingers crossed it keeps going:)