ZX Timing belt replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lorkan
My Cars:

ZX Timing belt replacement

Post by Lorkan »

Hello,
My ZX is going in for its MOT next week (must replace that tail light bulb) and as she now has 67k on the clock and the timing belt should be changed at 72k I am going to get it done at the same time (not at a main dealer, at a trusted friends garage) what I would like to know is this, is there anything else that I should have changed while John has the engine apart to get to the timing belt? I am going to get the bits for a service (filters, plugs etc) but would like to know if there is anything else that should be done.
Must say I love the ZX to bits, 3 years 46k miles and all I have had to do is a new clutch, an a heater motor (£10 from a scrappy)
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
P 2501

Post by P 2501 »

Get the alternator belt changed aswell.costs just a few quid and really easy to fit when timing belt is off. Also get him to check the tensioner,pulleys and water pump for any feeling of roughness in the bearings. they shouldn't need doing at your mileage,but will at the next belt change. Glad you are happy with the ZX, its a good car if looked after properly.