Xantia Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CITROEN-SUCKER

Xantia Spheres

Post by CITROEN-SUCKER »

Hi it seems i need a full set of spheres for my Xantia 1.9td VSX which means a total of 7 spheres anyone know if there is a cheaper option or suppler as i'm not keen on spending £19.00 + vat each as that seems a lot to spend in one go any help?
thanks
J.J.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Check out the prices your Cit dealer wants to charge, then let us know if still think GSF price is excessive...
I believe that it is possible to buy recharged spheres, but they're still about £12, so not much saving. There is a guy in Manchester if you're near that will fit recharged spheres at £25 each - that's a pretty good price for not getting your hands dirty, and he used to guarantee them for 2 years (Westroen Spheres I think he's called - try a google search).
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

£19 sounds fine to me! I wouldn't want to make one for that. Not even worth getting tham regassed at that sort of price.
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Who's told you you need the full set, and why? Apologies if you've come to the conclusion after posting a thread on this board.
If you are changing for ride comfort reasons, then I'd do the main 4 spheres first, ditto accumulator IF it needs doing (tick tests). Are the other 2 anti-sinks?
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I had all 8 on my VSX done by Westroen...as you say, £25 each fitted. They now come with a 3 year guarantee, as well. It was worth it for the couple of hours (and the LHM shower) that I didn't get!
The spheres were done to order; they hide nothing about their process, and don't be put off by the fact that their workshop is in the back garden. They know their stuff, alright!
As for replacement of spheres, I was told they should be done in "axle sets" (either back or front), if not all 7/8 at the same time.
BTW - C5 ones...they are currently investigating if they can do C5 spheres when the time comes.