Help help on dash or Forte

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ade
My Cars:

Help help on dash or Forte

Post by Ade »

Hi
The saga continues from antifreeze smell posted earler.
4 hours later and xantia dash parts spread around my drive I have come to a stand still (haynes) tell me to remove 3 x bolts from the engine compartment hum nice, so now i have to take half the engine out as well, which will no dout lead to a perminant leak from disturbing the scuttle panel.[V]
So my question is do i continue with the dash or go for the forte ( have already used holts rad seal with no effect) i think the forte is looking good , can anyone tell me a stockist in Stroud GLOUCESTERSHIRE please help as i now need a vaist amount of saidatives and pain killers etc. sorry about spelling
Ade[:(][V]
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The haynes manual is incorrect in saying that there are only 3 nuts because in fact there are 4!
The 4th one if I remember is behind the LHM reserviour, which needs to be removed.
If you this far gone then you are almost there!
Ade
My Cars:

Post by Ade »

Thanks Richard
Do i need to remove the LHM reseviour or can i contourt my arm somehow to reach this bolt
I have removed all what I can see to atached the dash to the bulk head with the help of haynes (except from the engine compartment) and the dash still seams to be fixed firm will removing the engine comartment bolts release the dash or is there a whole new level, there is a lot of wiring etc under the dash is this hiding new and secret bolts, oh does the stearing wheel and passenger air bag need to be removed
dident smoke untill now, does 60 a day seem reasonable
Ade
My Cars:

Post by Ade »

I forgot what size bit removes the steering wheel air bag, using a mirror to see what type of bolt used but cant seem to locate the torx driver.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

Yes you will need to remove the reserviour, I don't think you can get to the nut otherwise.
The passenger airbag will stay attatched to the dash assembly but you need to find a small socket to fit over the three-sided nuts holding the supply wire.
The steering wheel needs to come out, I think its held by two Torx size 20 screws. After that take out the steering column.
Have you removed the centre console? Yes that too, but remove the drivers seat rather than mess about with the arm rest, the seat is only held by four bolts.
Be careful when you lift out the dash of the two tweeter speaker wires at the top of the dash and make sure you re-attatch them before re-fixing the dash.
I did a post on this subject earlier this year, try searching under my name with 'Xantia heater matrix', good luck!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

T30 for the airbag.
Dave