ZD Starter Problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oldfruitie
My Cars:

ZD Starter Problem

Post by oldfruitie »

First Post guys and girls on a familiar topic.
Need to fix a 95 ZX Diesel for a friend. It souns starter motor/solenoid related. Where is the starter motor in relation to the battery ( I haven't got my nose under the bonnet yet )
Thanks[?]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Looking into the engine bay the battery is on your right and the starter is in the middle on the front of the engine j
eremy
oldfruitie
My Cars:

Post by oldfruitie »

If i replace the starter solenoid, what are the chances that it night be something else ( new starter motor and not glowplugs )
[:o)]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Before you replace anything Fruitie :
Be sure the gear selector is in neutral & handbrakes on.
Then use a testwire directly from battery plus pole to starter solonoid spade terminal.
If this makes the starter crank the engine OK, you then know you have a cable problem from ignition keyswitch to the starter solonoid.
Read this thread :
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=6579
mikeg
My Cars:

Post by mikeg »

Hi Anders
I've got a starter problem similar to this one. I started my 1.7 dtr turbo with no problem yesterday to get it ready for the school run, switched off and removed the key (the key was unusually stiff to come out) Went out to get the car nearer the house tried to start it and stone me, it wouldn't.On turning the key to rotate the engine, nothing happens not even a click from the starter solenoid. All the normal dash lights come on. the glowplug relay works, the headlights dont dim when I turn the key etc. I've not tried to sort it yet except to tighten the battery terminals but what in the ign switch could cause this or, any suggestions, please.
Mike.
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> what in the ign switch could cause this or, any suggestions, please.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Starter contacts - you need a new switch, Mike