TEC Info CD's on Ebay?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

I'm not sure it was a con as such..well no more than anything else similar on Ebay.
I mean it was never going to be a genuine legal copy of anything was it? It was obvious the source was going to be a bit iffy!
David
Kered

Post by Kered »

My one has arrived and, as suspected, was the the PDF previously mentioned. I took a different approach than meexi by having kept the seller informed of the potential problems if it turned out to be what was what we suspected - he has agreed a refund.
It is always better to start gently and then turn the screw if need be.
David I have had from eBay a genuine Peugeot parts list CD and Vauxhall Parts and service CDs - all copies of course! I guess I was hoping for the same for Citroen
Derek
acrowot
My Cars:

Post by acrowot »

I also got a Peugeot CD ( there were actuallly 3 CD,s) and I am pleased with them and I thought the Citroen one would be similar, but it was obvious from the feedback that this would not be the case. I hope you get your refund Kered.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I've just noticed that some more manual CD roms have appeared on ebay, this one is for the Xantia;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 94557&rd=1
Does anyone know if this one's any good?
I thought it could be a Haynes that someone's scanned?!
Nick
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Sounds like the BOL to me...I'm still hanging on for a genuine Cit one...
Kered

Post by Kered »

It looks very Haines to me but the "sample" is not from the Haines 93 - 98 Xantia manual. The page shown is of a carbureter fuel system!
Derek
ps Regarding my post above, of 15th April, I did get my money refunded. In fact he sent me a £10 note which was more than I paid!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kered</i>

It looks very Haines to me but the "sample" is not from the Haines 93 - 98 Xantia manual. The page shown is of a carbureter fuel system!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Looking at his other items for sale he appears to use that same sample pic for all the manuals. He also sells quite an <i>impressive</i> range of LED tyre valve caps, LED washer jets, and interior light bulbs that change colour automatically...... [:D]
Glad you got your money back for the CD you bought.
Nick
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

It's the 93-98 thing that makes me think it's a BOL; The current BOL doesn't cover facelift models...one would hope that a genuine Cit one would...
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nick</i>

I've just noticed that some more manual CD roms have appeared on ebay, this one is for the Xantia;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 94557&rd=1
Does anyone know if this one's any good?
I thought it could be a Haynes that someone's scanned?!
Nick
I've just received confirmation form Gabor Deak Jahn that these are indeed copies of the information which is available on the web for free at the various addresses in this thread.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
franciscomurat

Post by franciscomurat »

If you go to a car boot sale and see pirated copies of CD's its illegal,same thing on EBAY, they almost all pirated copies,,,i have unsuspectingly purchased 3 for my various cars and they were rubbish and as most of the previous posts say you can download most for free from reputable sites,i had the audacity to complain to one chap and got stupid verbal insults,he has now had his account suspended not from my intervention but obviously was being watched by others.