C5 cruise control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

allmond
My Cars:

C5 cruise control

Post by allmond »

Hi
My (new) C5 is going back under guarantee because the cruise contol won't go below 39 mph. If you set it at say 45 and then hold the minus button, it goes down to 39 and then sticks there. It doesn't drop out or anything.
The dealer I bought it from says that's normal, then I reminded him that I had made a point of asking on the test drive if it worked at 30 because of the dreaded Camera Gestapo. The handbook says down to 25.
Does anyone have a C5 with cruise control? How low will yours go?[}:)]
Jamie
Triumph
My Cars:

Post by Triumph »

Hi Jamie, I have a 2.2 HDI C5, my cruise control will operate below 30mph in the appropriate gear, i.e. 3rd without a problem
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Sorry, I have to take issue with the idea of using cruise control to avoid getting a speeding ticket.
In my opinion it would be dangerous to set your car to run at exactly 30mph is a 30 zone. You should be adjusting your speed for the conditions, not driving to the speed limit.
Personally I would have speed limits abolished altogether and a crackdown on dangerous and inconsiderate driving but that's another issue.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

25mph = 40km/hr Coincidence? Looks like yours has been set up to receive a kph not mph signal. Now, whether you can tell the computer it's MPH is another matter!!
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Try dropping it down a gear and see if it will go to a lower speed then. There is probably some software code that dictates that the revs can't drop below a certain value when you reduce the speed via the control stalk.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by RichardW</i>

25mph = 40km/hr Coincidence? Looks like yours has been set up to receive a kph not mph signal. Now, whether you can tell the computer it's MPH is another matter!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
all BSI's read in km/h wether the instrument panel uses miles or kilometers then the actual instrument panel converts to miles so i dont think thats the problem.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

Hi everyone
Thanks for the replies.
Triumph. Thanks for that. That's the ammo I need when I take it to the dealer.
Homer. I'm talking about setting it at 30 on a long empty road. I'm not daft enough to do it in traffic!
RichardW. Yes, I'd spotted that coincidence, but thanks Wheeler for your comments.
Blueboy. It's an auto box, but I took it out for a drive and tried it out in manual, 2nd and 3rd, but no difference. Nice try anyway.
Thanks to all
Jamie