BX Aircon

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beano
My Cars:

BX Aircon

Post by beano »

Need aircon wiring diagram for 1992 BX 1.7TZD, any ideas where i can get one?????????
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

http://www.rwbsmith.plus.com/citroen2/A ... ctrics.pdf
YES - I know - it's for LHD vehicles, but layout should be 95% applicable to RHD vehicles as well.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Tusind tak, Anders, I, too have been looking for this!
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Beano - to satisfy my curiosity, what's the oil capacity of your car? Does it take 4.5 litres or 5 litres? Does it have an alloy sump, possibly with extra brackets to mount compressor etc.
beano
My Cars:

Post by beano »

Anders Thanks very much for the link, best info I have managed to find so far.
DLM The sump is made of alloy and includes the bracket for the aircon compressor. Not sure about the capicity of the sump but I always need 5 litres when changing the oil and filter.
Hope that helps.
Regards
Colin
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Thanks beano - diesel BXs with aircon seem very thin on the ground. Tom will find that of interest as he wants to retrofit aircon from a petrol BX onto a diesel, and wants the petrol sump for the compressor bracket. Possibly the same sump gets fitted to a 405 or Xantia XU diesel with aircon, which are rather commoner beasts.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Well, that's what I reckon, anyway! I'd like to know more about the spacer fitted to the bottom of the block on cars fitted with the aircon sump. Does the oil pump need to be removed to get this off or does it just drop off with the sump?
beano
My Cars:

Post by beano »

Tom,
Not sure what spacer you are reffering to, but when I recently took the sump off my 1.7 TZD to replace the sump gasket, the sump came off on its own with the oil pump still in place within the block.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks beano, I think your car has a spacer that fits between the sump and the block. I guess I'll find out the hard way later....