BX door and door stay pins

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DLM
My Cars:

BX door and door stay pins

Post by DLM »

I removed the doors from a scrap BX last year using the Clarke door pin tool set (3 pin tools, 1 double-ended bar) - and will have to repeat the process shortly. However, in the interim I seem to have lost the smallest size pin tool.
I seem to remember that the door hinges need the medium tool and the stays need the smallest one. Can anyone confirm?
Any smart-ass comments in reply are probably well-deserved after the last couple of posts I've made.....
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

ha ha, well u asked!
Maybe be ask Clarke if they have a duplicate f the missing one that they dont want?
uhn113x
My Cars: 1981 Dyane - on road all year round.
1982 GSA Pallas - on road April - September.
1997 ZX 1.9D Dimension.

Post by uhn113x »

DLM
You can get all spares for Clark badged stuff - contact your local Machine Mart or do a google.
I made a hinge pin remover from a scrap drill shank and a bit of 10mm square bar - idea from Bob Smith
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I took em all out with the smallest, why take the pins out. wait a while and the whole thing falls off anyway!
Stewart
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Thanks all - probably was the one I lost or broke (sod's law). I'm doing it this way because:
(1) Somebody else wants the door in one piece - so better do it properly
(2) Car is miles away from any power source (so I can't use your favourite angle grinder method, Vanny!)
(3) It won't drop off soon enough ....