ZX. 1.9D !994 Auto. 2 probs.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.UK
My Cars:

ZX. 1.9D !994 Auto. 2 probs.

Post by James.UK »

The car I am going to collect for a lady friend of mine needs a new boot lid support? The present lady owner sez it leaks oil. Any idea what the proper name is for this part I cant find it on GSP under boot strut etc etc.. [:(]
The other problem the car has is: The demist windscreen doesnt work, all other vents and heat settings are fine, but it wont send air to the screen. I am assuming that the flap that opens/closes to send air that way has come off its cable, anyone know how difficult access is to that part of the dashboard, and what is the most likely cause? [:)]
Jon

Post by Jon »

We call them a tailgate strut! Part number is N87712.[:)]
The demist issue, now thats a problem, whats happened is, is that someone has moved the heater direction knob through the no go zone between 1 and 3 o'clock. This has the effect of either bending the cable, or throwing it off from the back of the heater control panel. Most of centre dash out to fix I think.
You might be able to manually fix the control flap between the screen and floor positions if you can get your hand up under the dash on the passenger side, I'm sure someone of this forum has done this in the past?
Anyone [?]
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Thanks Jon. :-)
I am picking the car up Saturday afternoon. The currant lady owner got a friend to erm 'look at the demisting problem' so he has removed the clock, and connected a fan to the clock plug? fan looks to be about a 6 inch? and sits to the left hand side on the top of the dash, apparently its clears the screen a treat!! lmho.. [:o)]
My hands are the size of a JCB shovel, so I will prob strip the centre console and replace the Radio and light bulbs while I'm at it.. [:I]
The lady has since informed me that when her son replaced the bulb that illuminates the gear selector he quote "found something in there that may have fallen down from the heater control area, its in the glove box now" [:D] heh heh.. Seems a shame that having had one lady owner the car is now going to have another one.. Some cars get no luck at all huh.. lmho.. But it now looks as though I will have two auto ZX's to look after... [:0] [8)] [:o)]