Couple of questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

louis1
My Cars:

Couple of questions

Post by louis1 »

First, my Dad has a euro Taxi a Citroen dispatch with an HDI engine, and the fuel pump in the fuel tank went and caused the main pump to f*&k up so under warrenty they replaced them and since then the car has never been right. What happens is that when the engine is revved the revs stay high so when changing gear the revs stay up high, any ideas? because Citroens cant work it out thay have changed the accelerater cable, the round thing the cable goes on to and the clutch clip (whatever that is) and they still dont know what is wrong.
Second is my V6 xantia had an LHM fluid leak on the power steering pump where the pipe goes into the pump so i put some sealer on the thread where it was leaking from and it cured. Now when i start the car in the morning it is fine but when all warmed up and then swithed off for about 10 mins then started the stop light and (!) light comes on for about ten seconds and goes out and if i touch the brakes the light comes back on and this is like it for about 1 minute any ideas will be appriciated.
Thanks Louis
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Dont know about the Xantia but the problem with the dispatch could be some bits of the pump have been sucked up to the fuel rail and this is stopping any back pressure from going down when you take your foot of the gas pedal. Check for cr*p in the fuel filter and replace as required.