2.2 HDI C5 Turbo Diesel 2001

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Triumph
My Cars:

2.2 HDI C5 Turbo Diesel 2001

Post by Triumph »

Tyres - I am fitted with Michelin Primacy, changed the front at 27k the rear still good at 31k, just. At speeds of up to about 45/50 the rear end feel skittish, i.e. If the rear N.S. touches a bump or a drain the rear of the car seems to jump across marginally, the same if the O.S. rear touches something it moves across to the offside. My impression is that the rear geometry, or, tyres appear to exert a pressure toward the centre of the car. Everybody I have spoken to have not experienced this, nor the local Citroen agent - as if they would. I am sensitive to car handling and this irritates me. Has anybody any suggestions, is it the tyres, how about these new E3 tyres, what are they like.[8)]
Patxi
My Cars:

Post by Patxi »

Skip the Ea3 and buy some Toyo tyres. cheaper thamn michelin's and I use them on my Peugeot V6.
As for that, i have no idea....
Have you checked out if the spehres you have were changed? Check them out for a "25" marked on them. If they are marked this way, go to the dealer and ask for a sphere replacement (costs are supported by the manufacturer- factory replacement).
All the best,
Patxi
Triumph
My Cars:

Post by Triumph »

Thanks for that Patxi, will check out tomorrow
Triumph
My Cars:

Post by Triumph »

Patxi, Forgot to ask, but will the replacement spheres give me a softer ride? I used to have a CX and then two XM's Ifitted with comfort spheres, you can imagine what I think of the standard C5 ride. I am Hydractive by the way, so I might be better off than those other C5's with only four suspension spheres