BX overheating paranoia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bxbodger
My Cars:

BX overheating paranoia

Post by bxbodger »

Whilst in Halfrauds today browsing for bits for my push-bike I had a look around Ripspeed. Amongst the shiny alloys and big speakers I came across the old TIM SUPERDASH range of gauges, something I thought went out of existance with whiplash aerials!!!
For a shade under £30 I bought a temperature gauge, which came complete with sender and adaptors for different sized sender holes.
I have just finished fitting it and now I KNOW what the engine temp is doing!!!!![:D][8D]The old nail has just passed yet another MOT despite its 200,000 odd miles, so as I'm stuck with it for another year I thought it worth doing.
The only problem was finding somewhere to put the gauge-as my analogue clock doesnt work I took it out and put it in the centre of the clock-face, it doesn't actually look to out of place.
alab
My Cars:

Post by alab »

Interesting, doing this crossed my mind today.
What engine did you fit it to, and where did you put the sender?
Cheers, Alastair
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Sorry...should have said. Its a BX17RD diesel. I put the sender in place of one of the temp warning lamp senders on top of the waxstat/thermostat housing: I removed the one for the red final meltdown light.