Saxo Airbag Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveallmond

Saxo Airbag Light

Post by steveallmond »

Hi All,
In my 'W' Reg Saxo VTR the <i>airbag </i>light is constantly flashing. From looking through this forum I see that the most likely cause is the orange cable underneath the front seats. I went to check it out and one of the previous owners has already had a go at it but its still not fixed the problem.
Does anyone happen to know which colour wires go to which as I suspect that the person who tried to fix it may have crossed them over. They currently are:
Yellow > Pink
Blue > Black
Is this correct and also does it have to be an <i>excellent</i> connection has his job is a bit dodgy.
Hope someone can give me some advise!!
Steve
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

the wire colours vary on different models/years so its difficult to say if they are round the right way.it does have to be an excellent connection (soldering is best) so its more than likely just not done properly.faling that the rotary control rings under the steering wheel can cause problems.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Would'nt the wiring be similar under each seat ?
Likely the driver's seat is the only one fiddled with.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Would'nt the wiring be similar under each seat ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
not neccisarily (spelling),the wiring is qiute often different,on my car one side there is only two colours of wires and at the other side all four wires are different colours
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AndersDK</i>

Likely the driver's seat is the only one fiddled with.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
this repair usually gets done both sides at the same time either due to guessing which side is at fault or as a preventitive measure as when one side goes the other is usually not far behind.
steveallmond

Post by steveallmond »

The previous owner has messed with both sides and both has the same colour wires. It's a dodgy connection so I'll try soldering. Thanks for your help!!